Vivo Nex 3 5G is official, after a series of leaks and rumors, now we have all the details about the new flagship from Vivo. It is in fact the 6.89″ FullHD Waterfall FullView OLED display that immediately attracts attention, a solution that has allowed the Chinese manufacturer to go up to a screen-shell ratio of 99.6%.
There is no space for physical buttons, but a Touch Sense virtual keys with X-Axis haptic feedback on both models that will be available on the market. As is known, in fact, the variants are actually two: the smartphone compatible with the new generation networks will come with a 4G LTE version, also based on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855+ mobile platform and equipped with a steam chamber cooling system.
Overall, Vivo proposes a 4G variant with 8/128GB of memories and a 5G variant with both 8/256GB and 12/256GB options. In addition, NEX 3 has a 16-megapixel pop-up camera that can lift in 0.65 seconds and features an in-display fingerprint scanner. It has 5G support with dedicated 6-antenna design, equipped with 4500mAh with 44W ultra-fast flash charging and C-DRX power-saving technology.
Vivo NEX 3 / NEX 3 5G specifications
- 6.89-inch (1080 × 2256 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 100% P3 wide color gamut, HDR10, 800 nit brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal memory, 12GB RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.0) internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9.1
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash. 13MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens. 13MP telephoto lens for 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi DAC
- Dimensions:167.44×76.18×9.4mm ; Weight: 218g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4410mAh (minimum) battery with 44W ultra fast charging
Vivo Nex 3 Series will arrive in stores (physical and digital) on September 21. Following the prices for the Chinese market:
- 8 / 128GB / 4G: 4998 yuan (US$ 707)
- 8 / 256GB / 5G: 5698 yuan (US$ 806)
- 12 / 256GB / 5G: 6198 yuan (US$ 876).