Back in the last week, OnePlus rolled out the first OxygenOS Open Beta for the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro. The update introduced February 2020 security patch and Live Caption feature. Now, the Chinese firm is rolling out the second beta update that bumps the Android security patch to the latest one available – March 2020. It’s a surprise since the company didn’t have the best performance when it comes to pushing Android security patches. Interestingly enough, this isn’t the only add-on brought by the new beta.
The Open Beta 2 also introduces Instant Translation feature. The name is self-explaining, it provides real-time subtitles during video calls. It currently supports English, French, German, Hindi, and Chinese languages. You can check the changelog of the Open 2 Beta update below. Interestingly enough, it has the same changes found on Open Beta 11 for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
Gizchina News of the week
- Fixed the frame rate issue to improve screen recording experience
- Updated Android Security patch to 2020.03
- Fixed the random switch to Gboard while using SwiftKey or a 3rd party keyboard
- Optimized the adaptive brightness feature
- Instant Translation
- Added Instant translation feature, Provides real-time subtitles during video calls, supports 5 languages (English, French, German, Hindi, and Chinese)
The new beta firmware will reach eligible units via OTA. To be eligible, you need to be running the previous version of the beta build. If you’re not, you can head over the source link and check instructions. Take in mind that the process will wipe your data, and the build may contain bugs.