Samsung’s clamshell foldable phone recently hit DxOMark’s desk for some tests. This smartphone got a total score of 105 points. In the image test, it scores 109 points while for videos it scores 96 points. Overall, this smartphone ranks 27th on DxOMark’s list. However, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is not device that focuses on camera. Thus, its performance is not disappointing.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip’s main camera usually captures pleasing colors, wide dynamic range, and its noise control is also quite good. Although its super wide-angle photos have some distortions, their performance is still very good. Furthermore, its autofocus is accurate and consistent, however, it is slower than other high-end devices. Unfortunately, this smartphone does not have a telephoto camera which could have improved its zoom capacity.
Gizchina News of the week
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip comes with a 12MP dual-pixel f / 1.8 main camera that supports OIS + a 12MP ultra-wide-angle f / 2.2 camera. It also has a 10MP dual-pixel f / 2.4 camera on the front.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.95 GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.78GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm – 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold