One month ago, iQOO and MediaTek started a long teaser campaign to promote the Dimensity 1000+ SoC with 5G connectivity. The first smartphone to feature such chipset came in the form of iQOO Z1 packing a gorgeous display and 44W super-fast charging. Now, it seems that Vivo’s iQOO is gearing up to launch a new cheaper variant for the iQOO Z1 dubbed iQOO Z1X.
iQOO Z1x alleged specifications
According to reports, this new handset will pack the Snapdragon 765G which is a little bit weird. Many companies have been using the mid-range SoC to power its premium mid-range devices. The only company so far to offer the Snapdragon 765G at an affordable price was Xiaomi with Redmi K30i. Qualcomm’s first mid-range 5G chip is finally getting more affordable. Apart from the chipset, the Z1x is set to come with a 6.57-inch LCD with a 120Hz refresh rate. The fast-charging capability will be downgraded, however, it still is very respectable at 33W. This rate will charge a huge 5,000mAh battery.
According to another leakster, the iQOO Z1x main camera will comprise a 48MP memory. More importantly, he also revealed the amount of memory of the new gaming device. The handset will sport 8GB of RAM and 128GB of Storage. However, we can’t discard other variants with less RAM. Interestingly enough, the leak doesn’t specify the standard used in the RAM and Storage. But iQOO is more likely to stick with the cheaper and somewhat less speedy DDR4X and UFS 2.1 standards for RAM and Storage.
The iQOO Z1x is gearing up to be a very decent mid-range smartphone with 5G capabilities. One question that remains is how much it will cost? The iQOO Z1 price starts at CNY 2,198, however, the variant with 8GB of RAM and 128GB storage sells for CNY 2,498 ($350 / €320). The Z1x might be slightly cheaper as it aims to be a more accessible iQOO offer. We are looking at the CNY 2,000 range ($280). This is a new competitive price for affordable 5G smartphones. But we have to take in mind that iQOO Z1x comes to be a decent offer for gaming. Too bad that it doesn’t come with the Snapdragon 768G which is a slightly overclocked variant of the same chip.
iQOO Z1 5G specifications
- 6.57-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 144Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 color gamut, 96% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with iQOO UI 1.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP primary camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 112° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio certification
- Dimensions:163.97x 75.53x 8.93mm; Weight:194.78g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 44W Super FlashCharge 2.0 fast charging