Everyone has long understood that at the upcoming Galaxy Unpacked presentation, Samsung will show three smartphones: Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Fold 2 and the updated Galaxy Z Flip with 5G support. The latter has passed certification today, and we’ll talk about it.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G has passed through Bluetooth SIG certification
By the name, you can guess that the main difference between the Z Flip 5G and the classic version will be the ability to work in fifth-generation networks. Today, the new product has been certified in Bluetooth SIG, and we share with you its results.
Six variations were approved: SM-F707U, SM-F707W, SM-F707U1, SM-F7070, SM-F707N, and SM-F707B, the latter recently spotted by Geekbench. Then it became known that the smartphone will receive Snapdragon 865 and 8 GB of RAM. The new processor will also provide 5G support.
Like the original Galaxy Z Flip, the upcoming smartphone will receive a dual battery with a total capacity of 3300 mAh. It is also expected that the device will be equipped with the ability to charge at 15 watts quick charge. We also learned that the Z Flip 5G will be available in brown. No pricing information is currently available, but we expect it to cost about $1500 for its base model.
Gizchina News of the week
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.95 GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.78GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm – 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold