At the just-concluded Huawei Developers Conference, Zhang Wei, president of Huawei’s smart wear and sports health product line, said in an interview that the era of digital health is coming, and Huawei hopes to make the best connection. At the same time, he revealed that Huawei launched a “healthy life” modeling tool in September. This tool makes better use of the health data on various smart devices. Huawei Hongmeng OS 2.0 is the focus of this developer conference. According to the implementation schedule from Huawei, Hongmeng will appear in smart wearable products in 2020. In this regard, Zhang Wei says that the Huawei WATCH GT2 Pro will be the first smartwatch to use Hongmeng OS. Recall that this smartwatch recently hit the market outside China. It will arrive in China with Hongmeng OS soon.
According to Zhang Wei, Huawei is a communication-oriented company. In the health industry, Huawei hopes to make the best connection possible. He revealed that Huawei Sports Health currently has more than 200 million registered users. Also, Huawei has shipped more than 60 million wearable devices, covering more than 170 countries.
Furthermore, Zhang Wei pointed out that the main platforms for empowerment include HUAWEI Health and HUAWEI Search. Among them, the HUAWEI Search platform is not only for the field of sports and health. In the future, it will also involve more cutting-edge research on smart homes.
At this developer conference, Huawei upgraded the HUAWEI Health platform more and integrated it into the Huawei HMS core 5.0 system. Last year, Hi-Health 1.0 was upgraded to 2.0. This year, Huawei will provide HUAWEI Health Kits to developers. These Kits can facilitate developers to develop more health apps for mobile phones and watches.
HUAWEI Watch GT2 Pro specifications
- 1.39-inch (454 x 454 pixels) AMOLED touch display with Sapphire glass protection
- HUAWEI Kirin A1 chip + STL4R9
- Bluetooth 5.1 that connects to Android 4.4 and above iOS 9.0 devices
- 4GB memory to store about 500 songs
- 5ATM Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- GPS supported
- Integrated microphone and speaker, Bluetooth calling
- 100+ workout modes, including 17 professional modes and 85 custom modes
- Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, Air pressure sensor, and Capacitive sensor
- Heart rate tracking with TruSeen 4.0+, HUAWEI TruSleep sleep monitoring, HUAWEI TruRelax, and all-day activity tracking.
- Dimensions: 46.7 x 46.7 x 11.4mm; Weight: 52 g (Without strap)
- 455mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life, wireless fast charging