The Samsung Galaxy M31 was released beginning this year with Android 10 and the February 2020 security patch. Several months later, Samsung released the April 2020 security patch for the smartphone. Now, the South Korean firm has started rolling out a new software update for the device with the latest security patch and some new features while carrying the firmware version M315FXXU2ATI4.
Galaxy M31 Starts Receiving September Security Patch with Latest Update
Alongside upgrading the firmware version number, Samsung has also upgraded the security patch to September 2020 while adding new features such as digital wellbeing, device care, parental control in Digital wellbeing, navigation gestures, and changed icons & colours. It also brings improvements to the night mode. It also brings new navigation gestures and the new Trash feature for Contacts.
Finally, the Single Take function has now been passed on to camera on the Galaxy M31. Along with it, the Galaxy M31’s One UI 2.1 update for is now available in India and would soon be available in other regions. This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q and similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually. (Galaxy M31 Update)
Samsung Galaxy M31 Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED panel, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio, 403PPI
- CPU & GPU: Exynos 9611 SoC, Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM & ROM: 6GB+64GB, 6GB+128GB, 8GB+128GB
- Rear camera: quad module, 64MP+8MP+5MP+5MP
- Selfie camera: 32MP front snapper
- Software: Android 10, One UI 2.0
- Battery: 6,000 mAh capacity, 15W fast wired charging
- Biometrics: rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, dual-band WiFi, USB Type-C port
- Colors: Ocean Blue, Space Black, Red
- Weight: 191g
- Dimension: 159.2 x 75.1 x 8.9mm