ROG Phone 3 is an excellent smartphone and loved by the users. It packs in specifications with huge numbers such as a giant 6,000mAh battery, a 144hz refresh rate display, Snapdragon 865+ chipset and lots more. However, the phone has faced multiple bugs and issues in the past such as device not charging, ghost touch and more. Asus has now started rolling out a new update for the ROG Phone 3 carrying version 17.0823.2008.70 and brings bug fixes and an amazing new features to improve the gaming experience.
While there are lots of changes implemented or mentioned, the feature that caught the eyes was ‘Bypass Charging’. According to the brand “The ‘Bypass Charging’ feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.”
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually.
ROG Phone 3 17.0823.2008.70 Update Changelog
1.Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.
2. Enabled VoLTE/VoWiFi on ICE (Norway).
3. Updated Android security patch
4. Fixed the issue with display brightness irregularities after locking/unlocking device
5. Fixed mobile network instability issue with HK network
6. Fixed the manual screen refresh rate cannot be maintained in low brightness
7. Improved display quality when playing video.
8. Fixed the issue where the display brightness could become brighter after unlocking the device
9. Fix the issue where in certain instances the original charger and cable could not charge the device
10. Fix issue where in specific cases calls could not be received
11. Fixed SMS issue when used KDDI SIM
12. Update APN list
ASUS ROG PHONE 3 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 270Hz touch sampling rate, 113% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1%, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 3.1 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C Hi-Res audio, 7-magnet stereo speaker with dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifier, Quad microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, OZO Audio
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 171×78×9.85mm; Weight: 240 g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter