Motorola smartphones used to be one of the first devices to get the latest Android updates, but with time progress the fact has changed. Previously there have been lots of confusions regarding the Moto G8 Plus Android 10 Update, but then the brand stepped in and clarified that it will be receiving the Android 10 Update. With that, Now the Moto G8 Plus has started receiving the Android 10 update in Italy.
While the initial reports hinted towards a July rollout of the update, which only seems to have been rolled out in certain countries or devices, this development seems to be right on time. Additionally. the update has been pending partner approval for a while hinting that the update is almost ready. However, we do expect the same update to arrive for the users of India, some users in Spain have already received the update carrying the software version QPI30.28-Q3-28 and bringing the Secuirtty Patch. Still, we don’t have the complete changelog but, the changes mentioned include majorly the security patch for July 2020.
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q. Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out in Spain over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
Gizchina News of the week
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
Moto G8 Plus specifications
- 6.3-inch (1080×2280 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP quad pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.79 aperture,0. 8um pixel size, PDAF, 16MP 117-degree Ultra-wide Action camera with 2.0um Quad Pixel technology, f/2.2 aperture,5MP depth-sensing camera, laser autofocus
- 25MP quad pixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, dual microphones, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IPX2)
- Dimensions: 158.4x 75.8×9.1 mm; Weight 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 15W Turbo Charging