Back in August, Xiaomi officially released the Redmi K30 Extreme Commemorative Edition. This smartphone is also commonly called Redmi K30 Ultra. The company recently announced the release of the stable version of MIUI 220.127.116.11. This update is a minor update and mainly fixes the display malfunction of this smartphone. However, the update also comes with the October security patch and optimizes battery performance.
Since it is a minor update, it is very light. It weighs only 208MB thus shouldn’t be a problem to download. According to feedback from users in the Xiaomi community, this version solves more problems and optimizations than the official listing. It fixes the following
- Failure of the screen auto-rotation
- Better system fluency
- Optimizes battery performance
- Fingerprint unlocking speed has been significantly improved
- Tackles the problem of flickering, etc.
However, it appears that this update does not solve the problem for every unit. There are reports from users that after updating, they still encounter the screen auto-rotation failure and battery issues. As of now, there is no information from Xiaomi regarding this update not working 100% for some units. If you have forgotten about the Redmi K30 Ultra, here is the official specs sheet for this smartphone.
Redmi K30 Ultra specifications list
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E3 AMOLED aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1200nit (HBM) / 500nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (4×A77 2.6GHz + 4×A55 2.0GHz) Dimensity 1000+ 7nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, 7P lens, 5MP (50mm equivalent) macro lens with 3cm ~ 7cm autofocus macro, 13MP 119° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75 μm
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 163.3×75.4×9.1mm; Weight: 213g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging, QC 4+ / PD
Have you gotten the MIUI 18.104.22.168 stable version? If you have this update, do you still experience auto-rotation failure or battery issues? Let us know your status with this update in the comment section below.