In early October, DxOMark posted a camera review for the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G that scored 120 points. Now a review of the Exynos version of the Galaxy Note 20 has been published.
DxOMark: Don’t buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 for the camera
The cameras of these smartphones are different, but they showed the same final result. The Galaxy Note 20 also scored 120, in which we have 123 for photo quality and 105 for video quality, while Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G scored 122 and 106 points, respectively.
The review praises exposure and color reproduction both indoors and outdoors. Despite the lack of a laser sensor, autofocus was found to be quite accurate. Its ultra-wide-angle camera also outperforms some of the competition with a wide viewing angle, excellent exposure and color reproduction.
Issues such as noise and low-light sharpness are mentioned. When it comes to video recording, the smartphone has accurate exposure and color reproduction. As with taking a photo, autofocus is fast during recording.
DxOMark stated that the Galaxy Note20 is a good choice for anyone who doesn’t want to buy the older version of the lineup.
- Wide dynamic range in outdoor photos
- Good detail in close-range zoom photos
- Excellent field of view on ultra-wide camera
- Nice face exposure in night portraits using flash
- Effective stabilization in outdoor videos
- Color casts in indoor photos
- Low texture in medium- and long-range zoom photos
- Low exposure in nightscapes
- Exposure instabilities in outdoor videos
- Autofocus tracking failures in videos with challenging lighting
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Galaxy Note 20 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 specifications
- 6.7-inch Full HD+ (2400×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 393 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- LTE- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- 5G – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB/256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 64MP Telephoto lens with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3x Hybrid Optic Zoom, Super Resolution Zoom up to 30X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 75.2 x 8.3mm; Weight: 192(LTE/Sub6), 194g (mmWave)
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Pressure levels: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4300mAh (typical) battery with 25W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare