Poco became independent from Xiaomi in January this year, but now the company has confirmed that it will continue to work independently and told what success it has already achieved.
The first smartphone of the Poco brand, which was released by Xiaomi back in 2018, was the Poco F1. Its total sales were 2.2 million units, of which 700 thousand were shipped in the first three months. Poco F1 accounts for the bulk of Poco’s total smartphone shipments, currently only 6 million units. For comparison: Realme has sold more than 40 million smartphones in two years.
POCO Brand is going independent!
To POCO fans: We would like to invite you all to join our new journey ahead! pic.twitter.com/kPUMg5IKRO
— POCO (@POCOGlobal) November 24, 2020
Over the past three years, Poco phones have been launched in more than 35 countries around the world. The lineup has expanded, now the company’s assortment includes smartphones in a wide variety of price categories. The Poco M3 was unveiled yesterday, and here is a reminder of its specifications:
POCO M3 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 LCD screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 662 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth, 2MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.05 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.3×77.3×9.6mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh (Typical) / 5900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The device has a Snapdragon 662 SoC, Triple-Camera array, 6,000mAh battery with 22.5W fast-charging for a low cost of $149. The device has pretty much ended the brand plans for 2020, but we’ll see more exciting products coming from the brand in 2021.
According to the brand, the F1 and F2 Pro allowed the company to stand in the flagship segment. With the release of the X3 NFC, the brand proved that has enough resources to stay solid in the mid-range segment. Now, with the release of the M3, the brand brings a device that has a lot to offer to the budget segment. For now, the company promises to evolve its brand with three main promises of producing:
- Technology that matters
- Designs based on users’ feedback
- Products that will always represent the technology evolution
We hope that the company honor these promises with competitive smartphones and keep its philosophy of cost-effective devices. The POCO M3 is that a prove of what the company can achieve.