According to Apple, some iPhone 11 units will stop responding to touches due to problems with the display module. These devices were manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020. If you notice that your screen touch response is faulty, there is some hope. First of all, use the serial number query tool to check whether your device meets the conditions of this program. If the conditions are met, Apple or Apple-authorized service providers will provide free maintenance services.
According to reports, this is a global repair plan thus you may want to check if your device qualifies. If you experience an issue with the screen touch and your device qualifies for free repairs, do the following
- Find an Apple-authorized service provider.
- Make an appointment at an Apple retail store.
- Contact Apple Support to arrange mailing service through the Apple Repair Center.
Furthermore, if your device has more than just touch-screen issues, you may have to pay a fee. The fee will be for other issues (if any) that have no connection with the touch screen. Furthermore, it will be easier to get this free service at the place of purchase. This may actually be a problem for many users. In addition, if this issue affected your phone and you have paid for repairs, you can contact Apple for a refund.
Gizchina News of the week
Apple iPhone 11 specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792×828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 5x
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- Gigabit-class LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback
If your point of purchase is very far from your current location, please visit any Apple-authorized service provider for solutions. However, bear in mind that you might have to go through some processes to get the free repair.