Realme is quite a phenomenon in the smartphone industry. The brand that started as an Oppo sub-branch quickly became a separate brand with a bunch of competitive devices all around. In 2019, the company gave an important step in the segment by introducing its first flagship dubbed Realme X2 Pro. The device was one of the best options last year for those users who were desperately waiting for a good flagship-killer. Even today, the device is alive and kicking and thanks to constant updates not many users feel the need for a replacement. Today, the company is rolling out a new update that brings November and December 2020 security patches as well as new software features. Of course, the update also addresses some annoying bugs and issues.
The update bears firmware version RMX1931EX_11.C.34, and in case you’re excited with the “11” don’t be. It still is based on Android 10 as the device is yet to enter the Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0 beta program. Of course, it is eligible for the update but we don’t expect to see it before late Q1 2021. According to the update changelog, the update brings a new icon for phone calls with Bluetooth Earphones. Moreover, it allows users to turn off the flashlight while screen-off by short-pressing the power button. Last but not least, it optimizes the experience when using fingerprint + face to unlock.
Gizchina News of the week
As aforementioned, the update brings a combination of both November and December security patches from Google. Of course, the phone will show the latest monthly patch in the settings menu. The update also addresses crashing issues, blinking issues, and an issue with the synchronization when using a clone phone. The update is rolling out for users in a gradual manner. For that reason, it may take a few days to reach all eligible units. For more details, check the full changelog below:
Realme X2 Pro December update
- Updated Android security patch: Nov 2020/Dec 2020
- Added a new icon for phone calls with Bluetooth earphone
- Added a feature of short-pressing the power button to turn off flashlight while screen-off
- Optimized the experience when using the combination of fingerprint and face to unlock
- Fixed the probabilistic crashing issue when editing photos
- Fixed the probabilistic crashing issue of the alarm details page
- Fixed the probabilistic blinking issue when entering passwords entries in dark mode
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that the From Sunset to Sunrise status is not synchronized after using Clone Phone