The Xiaomi Mi 11 series has only one model for now – Xiaomi Mi 11. However, we all know that this series will have more than one smartphone. While the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro is in development, recent information points towards a Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. The reports so far claim that the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite will be for users outside China.
According to @DigitalChatStation, Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite engineering model drops the waterdrop display for a punch-hole design. This device also uses a 33W MMT solution charging, 4250 mAh battery, and a thin body. Furthermore, this device recently got certified in Switzerland. According to the certification, the model number of this phone is M2101K9AG and it uses the MIUI 12 system, with 6GB + 64GB/128GB configuration.
According to recent speculation, Xiaomi will commence this year with at least nine new products. These products include the Xiaomi Mi 11 and its Lite variant. Furthermore, a Vietnamese YouTube channel, The Pixel claims that he was the first to get information about the upcoming Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. According to him, this smartphone will use a flat display with a round punch-hole for the front camera. The main camera unit resembles that of the Xiaomi Mi 11, but without the embellishments.
The source credits the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite with a Snapdragon 732G SoC, 6 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of storage. It also claims that it will come with a triple rear camera setup which includes 64 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP. Lastly, the YouTuber said that this device will arrive in Vietnam at the end of March and the price will be between $324 to $346.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the Xiaomi Mi 11 standard version.
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM); 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB; 256GB UFS 3.1 storage; / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x; MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging