Manu Kumar Jain, Managing Director and Global Vice President of Xiaomi India, unveiled the new Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 IC on his Twitter page.
Last year, Xiaomi announced the Mi Notebook 14 and Mi Notebook 14 Horizon Edition laptops, which, due to their narrow bezels, came with an external Mi Webcam HD camera. The new version of Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 IC received a webcam built into the case.
The laptop is powered by an Intel Core i5-10210U processor, which is paired with either integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics or an Nvidia GeForce MX250 mobile accelerator. The laptop has a 14-inch FullHD display with anti-reflective coating and viewing angles of 178 degrees.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 received 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and up to 512 GB of solid-state drive space. The laptop weighs just 1.5 kilograms and offers up to 10 hours of battery life.
The price starts at $ 600.
Mi NoteBook 14 (IC) specifications
- 14-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 16:9 display, 178° wide viewing angle, 250 nits brightness
- 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-10210U (6MB L3 Cache, up to 4.2GHz) (Comet Lake) processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX250 graphics
- 8G DDR4 2666MHz RAM, 256GB / 512GB SATA SSD
- Windows 10 Home Edition, 1-month free trial of office 365
- Built-in HD webcam
- WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, 2 x USB 3.1 port, 1 x USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4b, 1 x USB-C for data and charging
- Dimensions:323x228x17.95mm; Weight:1.5kg
- 3.5mm headphone / microphone jack, 2x 2W stereo speakers, DTS audio
- 46W battery with fast charging, up to 10h battery life, 65W adapter offers fast charging
Xiaomi Responds To Its Appearance In The US Blacklist
Earlier, Reuters reported that the US government included 9 Chinese companies on the so-called “Chinese military-related” US blacklist. Interestingly, Xiaomi and COMAC were in the list. Moreover, as the source proves according to the relevant investment ban, US investors must sell their shares in “blacklisted” companies before November 11 this year.
Gizchina News of the week
Later, Xiaomi Group issued an announcement on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. , saying:
The company noted that the U.S. Department of Defense issued a press release on January 14, 2021 (U.S. time), stating that the company will be included in the relevant list in accordance with Article 1237 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 1999.
The company has always adhered to legal and compliant operations and abided by the relevant laws and regulations of the place of operation. Services and products are used for civilian or commercial purposes. The company confirms that it is not a Chinese military owned, controlled or related party, nor it is a Chinese military company as defined under the US NDAA law. We will take appropriate measures to protect the interests of the company and shareholders.
The company is reviewing the potential consequences of the incident in order to fully understand its impact on the Group. The company will release further announcements in due course.