Only the day before yesterday Redmi introduced the K40, K40 Pro and K40 Pro + smartphones, and today a video showing the disassembly of new products has appeared. Judging by the video, when opening the phones, one cannot do without heating, since there is a lot of glue behind the back panel.
Inside the smartphones, there are several additional protective films. At some point, it feels like almost every component is wrapped like this. Four sensors were found in the main camera of Redmi K40, and all of them are attached separately – using individual cables.
The video also shows a new sensor that automatically adjusts the color temperature of the screen. And, by the way, it turned out to be larger than the front camera. From the rest, a separate board with a USB-C connector can be noted, so, in which case, its port can be easily replaced. And you should also pay attention to the heat pipe hidden under the screen. A similar solution is available in the Xiaomi Mi 11, and there are questions about its effectiveness.
Redmi K40 / K40 Pro / K40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- K40 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- K40 Pro & Pro+ – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11, MIUI 12.5 coming soon
- K40 – 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40-Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.89 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K40 Pro+ – 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.7x 76.4 x 7.8mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA (Dual SIM in Pro),Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (Wi-Fi 6E in pro); Bluetooth 5.1 (Bluetooth 5.2 in Pro), GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4520mAh (Typical) battery with 33W wired QC3 + / PD3.0 fast charging