Smartphones with flexible displays have been invading the market for several months, and after two years of waiting, Xiaomi presented its foldable mobile phone. The idea of a foldable screen was implemented in the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold, taking as a basis the design that was beaten in the Galaxy Fold. Unlike Mi Mix Alpha, the company came out with a ready-to-sell commercial smartphone, which it began to trade in China.
Initially, it was assumed that Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold would become exclusively Chinese history and would not leave the Celestial Empire. But the company has decided to take a chance and is preparing for his international career. According to the source, the smartphone will debut in the global market at the end of this month. The Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold will be available only in the version with 16/512 GB and its purchase will cost 1999 euros ($ 2428). For comparison, in China, they ask for $ 1978 for this variant.
Recall that Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold is based on Snapdragon 888, has a 5020 mAh battery with fast 67-watt charging, flexible display with a diagonal of 8.01 inches and an external 90-hertz screen with a diagonal of 6.52 inches.
The smartphone has a 20 Mp front camera, 4 SOUND BY Harman Kardon speakers, a 108 Mp + 8 Mp + 13 Mp main camera with a liquid lens, a mode like the Samsung DeX, Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2.
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate;900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB; 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO; Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0