The MIUI 12.5 is Xiaomi’s latest system for its smartphone. This update is presently available for a couple of models. A few days ago, the Redmi K30 5G started receiving this update. Now, there are reports that this update is available for the Xiaomi Mi 9. According to netizens’ feedback, the update weighs 2.6GB. This update is much heavier on the Mi 9 than on the Redmi K30 5G (less than 1GB). This means that it probably solves other issues on the Xiaomi Mi 9.
According to Xiaomi, MIUI 12.5 brings a new light cone motion effect architecture with a more immersive translucent motion blur, new super wallpapers, new notification system sounds, more delicate vibration touch, and “One more thing” MIUI+ collaboration function. Xiaomi released the latest generation of the MIUI 12.5 system in December last year. The company also claims that this upgrade is no less than a major version update. In terms of fluency, the company also claims that the system memory usage drops by an average of 35%. Furthermore, the power consumption also reduces by 25%.
Xiaomi Mi 9 is among the second batch of devices that will get this update from the end of May. Other devices in this batch include Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro, Redmi K40 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10S, Redmi K40, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition 5G, Redmi K30 Extreme Commemorative Edition, Redmi 10X, Redmi 10X Pro, Redmi K30S Extreme Commemorative Edition, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Xiaomi CC9 Pro, Redmi Note 9, Xiaomi CC9, Xiaomi CC9 Meitu Custom Edition, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9, Redmi K20 Pro, and Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage (Transparent Edition)
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.5×74.67×7.61mm; Weight: 173g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with 27W fast charging, 20W wireless fast charging