The Honor 50 series conference will be held at 19:30 on June 16th. Today, the spokesperson of the new series, Gong Jun, was officially announced. The Honor 50 series is already available for appointment. In addition, there are reports that a good number of Honor devices are on the way. The Honor 50SE and Honor X20 SE are already in the public domain. These smartphones will reportedly come with Dimensity 900 chips and Dimensity 700 chips respectively.
According to a Weibo leakster, the Honor 50SE and Honor X20 SE will be released together with the Honor 50 series, as well as the Honor Play 20. The Honor 50 SE, Honor 50, and Honor 50 Pro are all thin and light devices. Furthermore, these devices will support a 66W fast charge for the low models. However, the Pro+ model should use 100W fast charging. From what we already know, the Honor 50 series will have at least three colour options. It will come in green, orange gradient, and blue-violet gradient colour options. This device uses AG matte technology and a 1+2 dual-ring three-camera design on the back. It appears that this series will come with a periscope, outsole main camera, and an ultra-wide angle camera combination. Honor has announced that at least one of the Honor 50 series will be the first Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G chip.
Honor’s first “Play” smartphone, Honor Play 5 hit the market last month, This smartphone comes with the Dimensity 800U processor and supports 66W fast charging. The new Honor Play 20 will be Honor’s second Play smartphone. This means that Honor will release two Play smartphones in as many months.
HONOR Play5 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED display with DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa-Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro sensors with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.6x 74.8×7.96mm; Weight: 179g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh (typical) / 3700mAh (minimum) with 66W SuperCharge fast charging
This latest information shows that Honor’s June 16th event will not be a small one. We are expecting about five smartphones to debut in this event. Obviously, the Honor 50 series will be the protagonist of this event. However, which of these smartphones will most attractive? Let us know your thoughts in the