Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.5 is currenly rolling out to a plethora of Xiaomi smartphones. The first batch of devices already has this update. Presently, the second batch is getting this update. However, some devices like the Xiaomi Mi 8 which is not in the first or second batch also have this update. According to reports out of China, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite (Youth Edition) is now getting the official MIUI 12.5 update. The volume of this version upgrade package is about 308MB, and the version number is MIUI V184.108.40.206.RKICNXM.
It is worth mentioning that from the feedback from a large number of netizens in the Xiaomi community, this version seems to have some problems. According to reports, there is a significant increase in power consumption after upgrading. Furthermore, there are also complaints of stuck restart, charging restart, game flashback, WeChat interruption, severe fever, etc. Considering the number of reports so far, this version for the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite has some issues. As of now, there is no official response from Xiaomi regarding this issue. The company recently set up the Xiaomi Pioneer Group to handle issues like this. We hope they swing into action now.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite (Youth Edition) was released on March 29, 2021. This smartphone is the fifth generation iteration of the Mi 11 series youth models. This smartphone comes with a 6.55-inch 20:9 flexible AMOLED display. The back cover is made of AG process glass, and the frame is made of polished dip-dye polycarbonate plastic. Under the hood, we have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 780SoC, LPDDR4x RAM, and UFS2.2 dual-channel standard flash storage. The starting price of this smartphone is 2,299 yuan ($357).
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite and Mi 11 Lite 5G specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (4G) / 6 (5G) protection
- 4G – Octa Core (2.3GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 470 CPUs) Snapdragon 732G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 5G – Octa Core (2.4GHz Dual Cortex-A78 + 1.8GHz Hexa Cortex-A55 CPUs) Snapdragon 780G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP (4G) / 20MP (5G) front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 160.53 x 75.72 x 6.81mm; Weight: 159g (5G) / 157g (4G)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (5G) / 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) (4G), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5.2 (5.1 in 4G), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4250mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging