After three years on the sidelines, Xiaomi finally upgraded its tablet series. The Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series has been one of the most anticipated tablets in recent times. On August 16th, we had the first official sales of this tablet. According to the sales report, the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series sold over 200,000 units in the first five minutes. This shows the popularity of this tablet. Today, Xiaomi activated another round of sales for this tablet but it is still very difficult to buy.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series is difficult to purchase
Regarding the availability of the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series, Xiaomi has an official response. According to Wang Hua (Public Relations Department of Xiaomi Group), the company has been receiving complaints that the Mi Pad 5 series is difficult to buy. These reports claim that the accessories (Touch Pen and Keyboard) are even harder to purchase. While he assured netizens that there will be more sales, he noted that the stock of the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series is quite large. He also assured users that it will be more convenient to purchase this tablet in the future
Of course, this should belong to the superposition of the needs accumulated by everyone after many years and the effect of this generation of products beyond expectations. I believe that it will become more and more convenient for everyone to buy after the futures are up.
Gizchina News of the week
As for the Touch Pen and Keyboard, Wang Tang noted that the ratio of accessories should not be 1:1. Thus, if the tablet is hard to buy, then the accessories will naturally be harder. Despite two rounds of sales as well as pre-sales, the Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 series is still difficult to purchase. This device comes with a 1999 yuan starting price.
At present, Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 has gone through many rounds of sales, and it is still in short supply, with a starting price of 1999 yuan.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 and Mi Pad 5 Pro specifications
- 11-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, TrueTone True color display, Hardware-level blue light reduction, TUV Rheinland low blue light hardware scheme certification
- Mi Pad 5 – Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X (LPDDR5 in Pro) RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 8GB RAM LPDDR5 with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 13MP (50MP 1/2.5″ sensor in Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G) rear camera, 5MP depth sensor (Mi Pad 5 Pro only), 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Mi Pad 5 Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25mmx6.85mm; Weight: 511g
- Mi Pad 5 Pro Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25×6.86mm; Weight: 515g / 518g (Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G)
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers in Mi Pad 5, 8 Speakers in Mi Pad 5 Pro
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (5.2 in Pro), GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / GALILEO / QZSS, USB Type-C
- Mi Pad 5 – 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 91 min
- Mi Pad 5 Pro – 8,600mAh battery with 67W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 67 min