The tablet market experienced a surge in interest last year due to the pandemic and self-isolation. The increased demand for this type of electronics has forced manufacturers to look at this segment again. Xiaomi has remembered that they have the skills to create tablets and decided to update the Pad line. Last month, it introduced the Xiaomi Pad 5 to the Chinese market, and today it is its turn to enter the global market.
Outside of China, it was decided to sell Xiaomi Pad 5 in its junior version without support for fifth-generation networks based on Snapdragon 860. The tablet has 6 GB of RAM, 128/256 GB of storage, an 11-inch screen with a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels and a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
The front camera of the Xiaomi Pad 5 is 8 megapixels, on the back, there is a 13-megapixel sensor, they offered four speakers and an 8720 mAh battery with fast 22.5-watt charging. The device offers support for Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac, and a stylus. The proprietary MIUI for Pad UI manages the work of the tablet.
The price of Xiaomi Pad 5 is quite cheerful outside of China – 349 euros for the variant with 6/128 GB of memory, and for the version with 6/256 GB they asked for 399 euros. For comparison, in China, the tablet costs $ 308 and $ 355, respectively.
Xiaomi Pad 5 specifications
- 11-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate; HDR 10, Dolby Vision, TrueTone True color display; Hardware-level blue light reduction, TUV Rheinland low blue light hardware scheme certification
- Up to 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 860 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP depth sensor, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 254.69x 166.25mmx6.85mm; Weight: 511g
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos, 4 Speakers
- 5G SA / NSA, 4G LTE (Optional), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac / ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz); Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou / GALILEO / QZSS, USB Type-C
- 8,720mAh battery with 33W fast charging for 0 to 100% in 91 min
It is worth mentioning that the new Xiaomi tablet will be competing with the recently announced iPad 9, The 9th-gen entry-level iPad has got a few improvements over its predecessor. In fact, the 9th-gen iPad doesn’t come with many innovations but now it is more powerful. The main reason why it doesn’t’ sport many outstanding features is the price. The regular price is $329. You can order it now, and the new iPad will appear in your hands next week.