Honor released the latest official warm-up poster of the Honor Play5 Vitality version. The company officially announced that it will release this device at 19:30 on October 25 (next Monday). According to the company, the major selling point of this device is that it supports an ultra-high screen-to-body ratio of 94.4%. This should be the highest screen-to-body ratio of a straight-screen mobile phone.
From the posters, we can see that the left and right bezels are extremely narrow. Similarly. the top bezel is also ultra-narrow but this poster does not show the chin. We can also see that this device will come with a dual punch-hole camera design. The front camera is on the pill-shaped cutout on the top left of the display. Furthermore, the posters so far show that we will have at least two colour options, black and blue.
According to previous reports, the phone also supports 66W super-fast charging. The previous generation of Honor Play5 actually supports 66W fast charging and it charges up to 60% in 15 minutes. The full charge of this smartphone (0% to 100%) takes only 35 minutes. This device uses a 3800 mAh battery. However, the battery capacity of the new Honor Play5 Vitality version is still under wraps. This, the charging speed remains uncertain, but of course it will most likely be fast.
Gizchina News of the week
In the camera department, the Honor Play5 Vitality version looks like it has a quad rear camera setup. However, one of the sensor holes appears to be a flash. This means that the smartphone will actually use a triple rear camera setup which is not as good as the Honor Play5. The Honor Play5 uses a 64MP main camera in a quad rear camera setup. The rear also includes an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 4cm macro lens, and a professional portrait depth-of-field lens.
HONOR Play5 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED display with DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 10 with Magic UI 4.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro sensors with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.6x 74.8×7.96mm; Weight: 179g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh (typical) / 3700mAh (minimum) with 66W SuperCharge fast charging
Wow, a high display ratio! I'm sure a lot of people would want this. Huawei should sell millions.