At the Qualcomm Snapdragon Technology Summit, Xiaomi’s founder, chairman, and CEO, Lei Jun, announced that Xiaomi 12 will be the first to launch Qualcomm’s new generation flagship processor, Snapdragon 8 Gen1. According to speculations, the Xiaomi 12 series will be official this month. For now, there are reports that the Xiaomi 12, 12 Pro, and 12X will launch on December 28th. With the arrival of the Xiaomi 12, the former flagship, Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 is now cutting its price. Today, Jingdong Mall shows that the price of the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 8GB+128GB version is 3699 yuan ($580). This is a 500 yuan ($78) discount from its original price, In fact, this is the price that the company sold this device during its Double 11 massive sales.
This is Xiaomi’s first high-end flagship with under-screen camera technology. This device achieves a true full-screen form with neither notch nor punch-hole in the front. According to Lei Jun, it took the company three years to work on the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 under-screen camera technology. The total cost of the technology exceeds 500 million yuan ($78.4 million) and Xiaomi has over 60 patents from the technology.
In terms of core configuration, the screen refresh rate of the Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 is 120Hz. The resolution is FHD+ (2400×1080) and it uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Plus flagship processor. On the front, it has a 20MP camera. This device also uses a 4500 mAh battery that supports 120W wired and 50W wireless charging.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 10-bit AMOLED display, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Up to 3.0GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung HMX sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, f/1.95 aperture, OIS, up to 100x zoom, 13MP 120° free-form ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with 5x optical zoom, up to 50x digital zoom, 8K video recording at 24fps, 4k 60 fps
- 20MP Under screen front-facing camera, 1.6μm 4-in-1 Super Pixel
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Custom 1014 linear top speaker, 1216P linear bottom speaker, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, UWB, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless charging
This price cut is currently available on JD.com. Potential buyers can check the Chinese website to get more details