A few years ago, Xiaomi decided to enter the segment of gaming smartphones and for this in 2017 a sub-brand was created with a very aggressive name Black Shark. With the financial support of Xiaomi, the sub-brand has released several devices that are selling well and the company has got its share in the small niche of mobile phones for gamers.
And now the message has come that Black Shark may be sold. A number of independent sources have reported Tencent’s desire to acquire the Xiaomi sub-brand. It is a Chinese holding company that specializes in the creation of games and a variety of digital content for interactive entertainment. It owns the WeChat mobile application for exchanging voice and text messages, as well as the Qzone social network, which is the largest and most popular in China.
At one time, Black Shark 3 came with the participation of Tencent and featured the Tencent Games logo on the back. Now the game studio wants to buy itself the Black Shark brand. But not to enter the smartphone market. Following the completion of the deal, Black Shark’s business focus will shift from gaming smartphones to virtual reality devices. It is implied that Tencent will create content, Black Shark will provide access to virtual reality equipment.
Gizchina News of the week
It is worth mentioning that recently, BlackShark has announced the Black Shark 4S and Black Shark 4S Pro smartphones in China, and here is a reminder of their specifications.
Black Shark 4S and Shark 4S Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 144Hz display, HDR 10+, 111% DCI – P3 color gamut; 1300 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- Black Shark 4S – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- BlackShark 4S Pro – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- BlackShark-4S – 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Black Shark 4S Pro – 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array 2.0) storage; 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array 2.0) storage
- Android 11 with JoyUI 12.8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP (4S) / 64MP (4S Pro) rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash; 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP super macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual 1226 super linear 7-magnet speakers (4S Pro)
- Dimensions: 163.69×76.21x 9.9mm; Weight: 210g (4S) / 220 (4S Pro)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 120W fast charging, supports QC, PD fast charging