Xiaomi MIX series is slowly getting back to the market with the Xiaomi MIX 4 and MIX Fold. The company does not intend to comatose this series again. According to reports, Xiaomi is working on a new MIX smartphone. Earlier today, popular Weibo leakster, @DCS reported that the second generation MIX FOLD, a new member of the Xiaomi MIX series, will debut in Q2 2022 at the earliest. This will be the company’s second foldable smartphone.
Earlier, industry insider Ross Young broke the news that the screen size of the second-generation Xiaomi MIX FOLD is 8.1 inches. This is comparable to the display of the iPad mini 6 which has a screen size of 8.3 inches.
Not only that, the second generation of Xiaomi MIX FOLD also uses a dual-screen design. Both the internal and external screens support high refresh rates. This is one feature that the previous generation didn’t have. The maiden Xiaomi MIX Fold internal screens do not support high refresh rates.
In addition, the second generation of Xiaomi MIX FOLD will be expected to upgrade to a new LTPO screen. This means that the display could support the increasingly popular adaptive refresh rate. The core of this technology is to make the hardware screen refresh rate accurately match the software content frame rate under the premise of ensuring high brushing fluency and reducing the power consumption due to the continuous screen refresh of the same content.
In terms of core configuration, the second generation Xiaomi MIX FOLD will use a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC. Of course, this flagship smartphone will come with super-fast charging and a decent-capacity battery.
Xiaomi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0