Google Pixel Watch is increasingly real: Some sources say that the first Google smartwatch, whose rumors have been chasing each other since the days of the Nexus brand, has appeared in the database of a US cellular operator. We do not know which one, but the source says that the code name is “Rohan”, which has already emerged in the past, and also shares some technical specifications, including 32 GB of internal storage and three colors: gray, black and gold.
The source further explains that the operator has never sold a smartwatch without cellular connectivity, so it is very likely that the Pixel Watch will also have at least one variant with a modem, whether it will be 4G or 5G is yet to be determined. It is worth noting that 32 GB of storage is a rarity in the Wear OS world: the Pixel Watch, therefore, places itself on the same level as the Apple Watch from this point of view.
Pixel watch rumored details:
- Round touch display with side crown and without frame
- Exynos SoC (could be Galaxy Watch’s W920)
- Google Wear OS 3.0 operating system
- Heart rate sensor
- Autonomy of one day
Google Pixel Watch and Pixel 6a are getting closer
At the same time, the same source says that the operator’s database lists another future Google device. The code name is “Bluejay”, and according to the information that has emerged so far it corresponds to the Pixel 6a, a highly anticipated smartphone because it should bring the proprietary SoC Tensor and the new design language seen in the flagships to the mid-range. Here, too, we only have information on colors and storage: 128GB of internal storage and three colors: black, white and green.
The inclusion of both products in the database is a pretty solid clue that they will be launched or at least presented together. In the past, at least the Pixel 6a was rumored to arrive in May; in all likelihood on the occasion of the Google I/O 2022.
Pixel 6a rumored specs
- 6.2″ OLED display ( The source indicated a 120 Hz refresh, but said it was wrong), flat edges
- Google Tensor GS101 SoC, exactly the same as the other two Pixel 6 and 6 Pro
- 8 or 6 GB of RAM
- 128GB of internal storage
- 12.2MP main rear (Sony IMX363 sensor)
- 12MP rear secondary ultra-wide angle (Sony IMX386 sensor)
- 8 MP front (Sony IMX355 sensor)
- 4,800mAh battery, 30W fast charging support
- Thickness 8.7 mm
- Android 12 operating system