Apple held its first showcase of the year, featuring the 3rd gen iPhone SE, 5th gen iPad Air, the powerful Mac Studio desktop computer, and the relatively affordable Studio Display starting March 18 for $1,599.
Studio Display with a diagonal of 27 inches and support for 5K resolution is made in an aluminum case. It has support for DCI-P3 color space, a maximum brightness of 600 cd / m² and TrueTone function in macOS. At the top of the display, we have a 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera for video calling.
Three USB Type-C interfaces and one Thunderbolt 4 interface are provided on the back of the case. The latter can be used to charge devices and provides power up to 96 watts. This is quite enough to quickly replenish the energy of, for example, a MacBook Pro laptop. The audio subsystem is implemented on the basis of six speakers (four low-frequency and two high-frequency).
It is also reported that the monitor has an Apple A13 Bionic processor, which is designed to optimize performance when using desktops and Apple laptops, as well as implementing a number of functions, such as Center Stage (positioning the user in the center of the camera frame), spatial sound, Siri voice assistant (works due to three microphones integrated into the monitor).
The basic version of Studio Display will cost $1599. Users will also have access to a more expensive version with a coating of protective glass with a nanotexture, as well as different options for stands and wall mounts. Retail sales of Studio Display will begin on March 18.
Gizchina News of the week
A summary of all new Apple products introduced on March 8
iPhone 13 mini, 13, 13 Pro и 13 Pro Max:
- New green green color
iPhone SE third generation :
- Old design from iPhone 8
- A15 Bionic processor, like the iPhone 13
- 5G support
- 64, 128 or 256 GB flash
- Prices $429, $479 and $579
- Apple M1 SoC, much more powerful than its predecessor
- 5G support
- New 12MP wide-angle front camera
- Touch ID
- 64 or 256 GB flash memory
- Price from $ 599
Apple M1 Ultra platform :
- “The most powerful processor” for computers
- 20-core CPU (16 performance and 4 energy efficient)
- 64-core GPU
- 32-core AI neuro processor
- 8 times faster than M1 and much faster than Intel CPUs and AMD graphics in past Mac generations
- Supports up to 128GB RAM
Desktop Mac Studio :
- Based on M1 Max and M1 Ultra
- Compact aluminum housing
- Six USB-C (Thunderbolt 4), two USB-A, 10 Gb Ethernet, HDMI, headphone jack and SD slot
- Up to 8TB SSD and up to 128GB RAM
- Model on M1 Max — from $1999
- Model on M1 Ultra – from $ 3999
Monitor Studio Display :
- 27″ 5K TrueTone display
- Built-in speakers with Dolby Atmos support
- 12 MP ultra-wide-angle front camera.
- Price from $ 1599