The flagship OnePlus 10 Pro officially hit the market in January this year. However, this device was only available in China until a few days ago when it launched globally. Nevertheless, the first official sales of this device will take place on March 31st. Just before its international launch, OnePlus talked about the flagship phone on its forums. The company explained how to achieve fast and smooth performance with its hardware and software. However, OnePlus also revealed a very interesting point about the charging speed of the OnePlus 10 Pro. As interesting as it may sound, it may disappoint fans in certain regions.
The company officially revealed that the international version of the OnePlus 10 Pro will also support 80W wired fast charging. This charging capacity can deliver a full charge from 1% to 100% in 32 minutes. This may not be the fastest charging speed but it is very decent. However, models in Europe, India, and North America can only charge at 65W. OnePlus said that this is because the “80W SUPERVOOC” fast charge does not currently support 110 or 120 volts of AC power in the above regions.
Gizchina News of the week
OnePlus didn’t say how long it would take to fully charge the OnePlus 10 Pro with the 65W SuperVOOC. Nevertheless, the company says the phone supports 50W wireless charging in all regions and can go from 1 to 100 percent in 47 minutes. Thus, the 65W fast charging should give a full charge in between 33 minutes and 46 minutes. After the shipment of this device, subsequent reviews will reveal the exact time it takes to get a full charge. We will have to wait a few more days.
OnePlus 10 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3216 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 3D flexible curved AMOLED, LTPO 2.0, 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (in China) / OxygenOS 12 (Global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/1.43″ Sony IMX789 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 50MP 150° ultra-wide with 1/2.76″ Samsung JN1 sensor, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS 3.3x optical zoom
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Port, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Dual Microphone, Noise Cancelling Microphone
- Dimensions: 163x 73.9 x 8.55mm; Weight: 200.5g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging