Currently, Apple has a lot of iPhone models on sale. The cheapest is the newly released iPhone SE 3, which starts at $429. However, if you have more money, you can choose the iPhone 11 for $499, iPhone 12 at $699 and even the iPhone 13 at $785 (price cut in China). According to iDropNews, Apple has begun to plan for the integration of the product line after the release of the iPhone 14 in the fall. The company will not only discontinue the iPhone 11, but it will also reduce the price of the iPhone 12 from $699 to $599. As for the iPhone 12 mini, this device will have a $499 starting price.
Such marketing routines have been reflected in previous generations of new iPhones. From the latest report, it seems that Apple is not planning to change course this year. Going back to the iPhone 14 series, according to recent reports, the four models this year are quite different. The first is that the company will discontinue the 5.4-inch mini model. However, it will now have two 6.1-inch and two 6.7-inch models. The four models will be iPhone 14, 14 Max, 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max.
Furthermore, the Apple iPhone 14/14 Max will continue the small notch design of the iPhone 13 series. However, the iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max will now use a dual punch-hole form to achieve a higher screen ratio. Again, only the 14 Pro display is exclusively supplied by Samsung, the other three are available for LG or even BOE.
Apple iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 specifications
- iPhone 12 mini -5.4-inch (2340×1080 pixels) OLED 476ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 – 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- iPhone 12 mini dimensions: 131.5×64.2×7.4mm; Weight: 133grams
- iPhone 12 dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 162grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 15 hours (iPhone 12 mini) / 17 hours (iPhone 12) of video playback