Yesterday, the Xiaomi Jingdong flagship store released a poster of the Redmi K40S. The poster reveals that this smartphone has its first-ever price cut. According to the company, the 8GB + 128GB version of the Redmi K40S will now sell for 1949 yuan ($295). This is the first time that this device will sell lower than its original launch price. The original price of the Redmi K40S is 1999 yuan ($303).
This flagship is a small iteration of the Redmi K40. Compared with the K40, the biggest upgrade of the K40S is that it supports optical image stabilization (OIS). Optical image stabilization is the most recognized image stabilization technology by the public. It compensates for the light path where the handshake occurs through movable parts, thereby reducing blurry photos. Under normal circumstances, turning on this function can increase the shutter speed by 2-3 stops. Thus, the hand-held shooting will not produce blurring, and the effect is very obvious for beginners.
Gizchina News of the week
In terms of core configuration, the Redmi K40S uses a 6.67-inch E4 AMOLED straight screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz. It also comes with a first-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 processor. In the camera department, it has a rear 48MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle and 2MP macro shooting lens. To keep the lights on, this device comes with a decent 4500 mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging.
In addition, the Redmi K40S adds a VC liquid cooling system, which increases the total area of liquid cooling by 400%. It supports Al multi-level intelligent temperature control, 9 temperature sensors, and software algorithms to fully release the performance of the Snapdragon 870.
Redmi K40S specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1300nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 8GB + 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.2x 75.95 x 7.7mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with compatible 67W fast charging technology