Xu Qi, vice president of Realme, announced that the Realme GT2 Pro will be an early adopter of the Android 13 operating system. This is the first flagship in China to be an early adopter of the Android 13 system. On Android 13, the new UI supports more user-friendly customization options and introduces wallpaper-based palette controls. It also brings more intuitive animations for a smoother experience.
In addition, Android 13 once again includes “privacy and security” as a major update. This time Android 13 adds a photo picker that allows users to share photos and videos with a single app. Fortunately or unfortunately, these apps can only access allowed images, not the entire gallery.
More importantly, Android 13 has been optimized for large-screen devices such as folding screens and tablets. Google has also optimized the interface design so that more applications can seamlessly adapt to Android devices of different sizes, making the application experience better. In addition, Android 13 will support adding a QR scanner to the lock screen, making it easier for users to scan QR codes. Furthermore, the control center also has a button to scan the QR code, and the user can directly scan the code after clicking.
Gizchina News of the week
It is reported that Android 13 will be officially released at the Google I/O conference in the early morning of May 12. This time, the Realme GT2 Pro is adapted to the Android 13 developer preview. Users can download and experience early adopters in the Realme community version update.
Realme GT 2 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (3216×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 1-120Hz LTPO variable refresh rate AMOLED display, up to 1400 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 wide color gamut, JNCD ≈ 0.5, MEMC, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 50MP 150° ultra-wide camera with ISOCELL JN1 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP 40x zoom ultra macro camera
- 32MP front camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo linear speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.2×74.7×8.2mm; Weight: 199g (black) / 189g (Master Edition)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 65W fast charging
This smartphone was officially released a few days ago and its starting price is about $650. This smartphone is also pretty decent too.