UMeng are a company set up to help app developers gather app usage stacitics and smartphone use. Their latest results are in for China which among other things say that more than half of all iPhones, iPads and iPods in use in China are currently Jailbroken!The report shows that iPhone 4 growth has increased over the past year and now makes up 84% of all iDevices in use and that roughly 1 in 8 or 9 people in Beijing own an iPhone!
51% of all iPhones, iPad and iPods are Jailbroken in China!
Along with the rather troubling news that over half, 51%, of all iOS devices in China have been Jailbroken with one of the many widely available Jailbreak tools, is the the fact that the iPad 2 now commands more than 59.8% share of all iPads in use.
Here are some more interesting iOS stastics discovered in the report:
- iOS 4.3 hits mainstream from 0.5% to 69.3%. New iOS the mainstream iOS version,increased from 0.5% to 69.3% among 7 months. New iOS update easily outruns older version in a month after launch.
- With some similarities to Android penetration, Guangdong、Beijing、Shanghai、Zhejiang、Jiangsu remains a stronghold of iDevices, combined commands 50.5% of iOS devices market.
- When it comes to app usage, iPhone users are not that different from Android guys. During weekdays, business, travel, information and news apps are among the top-used categories. While at the weekend game, photo, music, social and lifestyle apps rule.
- People use biz, travel, news app between 8 – 10 AM, while play games, consume entertainment contents between 5 – 9 PM. iPhones are mainly used during daytime (7 AM – 5 PM), while iPad are more active in the night (6 PM – 11 PM).
- Jailbroken devices grew from 34.6% to 51.0% during Q2, aided by numerous iPhone 4 that spread over China.
- 25% of users use an app only once before removing it and not using it again.