Yesterday, MIUI officially announced the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro will support the fingerprint shortcut function but did not announce the specific time. At noon today, MIUI team came in with another statement saying that it will bring the above-mentioned fingerprint shortcut function to the Xiaomi Mi 9/SE and Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro/Explorer Edition this week when pushing the MIUI development version. Thus, once the mentioned Xiaomi phones get this update, users can directly open the payment, Xiao Ai voice assistant and other shortcut functions through the screen fingerprint.
Also Read: New Update To Hide Notch Arrives Xiaomi Mi 9 Series
As this function works only for models supporting the screen fingerprint identification technology, not all latest Xiaomi models will get the update. That is the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE and the Xiaomi Mi 8 won’t support it.
The MIUI development version 9.3.7 update is as follows:
Lock screen, status bar, notification bar
Gizchina News of the week
- The new ‘Fingerprint Fast Function’ can directly open the payment, Xiao Ai and other shortcut functions through the fingerprint under the screen, and bid farewell to the trouble of using the function to unlock first! There are two ways to experience this feature:
- Long press on the fingerprint icon to bring up the menu
- After unlocking, slide directly to the function location to call up the menu (can save animation, very suitable for blind operation)
- Added a 48MP camera mode.
- Added the super wide-angle support to enable flash function.
- Optimized the square mode to move to the top right corner of the photo menu.
- Update Android security patches.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro and Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition support pressure sensitive screen fingerprint recognition, among which the latter is the world’s first smartphone to support this feature. This handset has a built-in high-sensitivity pressure sensor that enhances the unlocking recognition rate while giving finger vibration feedback for enhanced unlocking experience.
In addition, the Xiaomi Mi 9 and Xiaomi Mi 9 SE are equipped with the fifth generation of screen fingerprint recognition. Xiaomi founder and CEO Lei Jun said that the fingerprint unlocking experience of the Mi 9 is very close to the unlocking speed and experience of capacitive fingerprints.
Lei Jun stressed that the comprehensive cost of the Xiaomi Mi 9 screen fingerprint recognition module is at least 150 yuan ($22). It adopts new technology and the speed is significantly improved. Perhaps it is the fastest screen fingerprint. Under the OLED screen, an optical fingerprint sensor consisting of three lenses is hidden, similar to a macro camera. The single pixel is up to 5μm, and the fingerprint recognition speed is fast and the accuracy is quite high.