After a couple of leaks, and a brief period of pre-order, the Chinese computing giant today unveiled the Lenovo Z6 Lite also known as Lenovo Z6 Youth edition as promised. The device is a watered-down variant of the Lenovo Z6 Pro announced about a month ago. It retains the same waterdrop-style notch display with glass design on the front and back with a gradient finish on the rear as the Z6 Pro, but rather than sporting a Quad-camera setup, and the next-generation in-display fingerprint sensor, the Lenovo Z6 Lite/ Youth edition gets a triple rear camera setup which consists of a 16MP sensor; combined with an 8MP sensor and a tertiary 5MP sensor, while it uses a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and face unlock technology for biometric unlocking.
The compromises don’t end there, the Lenovo Z6 Lite/Youth edition gets the same 6.3-inch display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 px, but with LCD panel, and a waterdrop notch, and under the hood, the device is powered by the 10nm Snapdragon 710 SoC with Adreno 616 GPU, and is available in 4GB/64GB storage, 6GBRAM/64GB storage, and 6GB RAM/64GB storage options all of which can be expanded up to 256GB with microSD.
Talking of optics, the device gets a triple camera set up in the same vertical position as the Z6 Pro. The camera specs have been scaled down too, and now include a 16-megapixel main sensor, an 8-megapixel telephoto lens with 8x hybrid zoom and a 5-megapixel depth sensor, as well as a 16-megapixel camera on the front.
Powered by a 4050mAh battery, the Z6 Lite/Youth edition much like the pro variant comes with Lenovo’s latest ZUI on top of current Android 9 Pie. Painted in Knight Black and Magic Stardust colors, the Z6 Youth edition pricing starts from 1099 yuan ($158) for 4/64 GB, 1399 yuan($202) for the 6/64 GB, and 1699 yuan ($245/€635) for the 6/128 GB option. You can already pre-order the device, though it wont be available for sale in China until May 28.
Lenovo Z6 Lite/ Youth edition specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 LTPS display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x with 64GB internal memory, 6GB RAM with 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZUI 11
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Dual LED flash, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 8x hybrid zoom, 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture for portrait shots
- 16MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions:156.6×74.3×7.99mm ; Weight: 164g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4050mAh battery with 15W fast charging