Hot on the heels of the VIVO V17 Neo, the Chinese smartphone maker VIVO has launched the VIVO S1 in yet another market – India. The launch follows series of hypes and teaser, though there were actually nothing left given that the device had earlier arrived in other countries including Russia and Indonesia where it is sold as the VIVO V17 Neo and the VIVO S1 in that order.
The India version of the VIVO S1 is the same as the model launched in Indonesia days back. It flaunts a 6.38-inch fullHD+ Super AMOLED display with a Halo FullView design, which is VIVO’s term for a waterdrop-style notch. The device misses out on the Gorilla Glass, instead, VIVO has opted for Schott Xensation 3D protection. Not to worry, that layer is said to be as strong and durable as the Gorilla glass protection. The SoC remains the same – an octa-core MediaTek Helio P65 SoC coupled with 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB for the base variant. You will also able to buy the device in 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage, as well as 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variants. All variants are expandable up to 256GB via Micro SD card.
For photography, the S1 comes fitted with a triple-camera system comprising of – a 16 MP primary sensor, 8 MP wide-angle sensor and a 2 MP depth sensor. And for selfies and video calls, you get a 32 MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture.
Elsewhere, the device boot Android 9.0 Pie-based FunTouch OS out of the box, while the whole unit is powered by a 4,500 mAh battery with fast charge support.
VIVO S1 Pricing and availability
Available only in Skyline Blue and Diamond Black color options, the VIVO S1 price in India starts at $252/ Rs. 17990 for the base variant with 4GB RAM with 128GB storage space, $262/ Rs. 18990 for the variant with 6GB RAM + 64GB space, while the top-end version with 6GB RAM + 128GB storage space sells for as much as $280/ Rs. 19990. The 4GB RAM with 128GB storage will be available from starting from tomorrow, August 8th both online and offline.
Only the base variant with 4GB RAM with 128GB storage space will go on sale from August 8th both online and offline, while the release date for other variants will be announced later.
- 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage for Rs 17,990
- Vivo S1 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage for Rs 18,990
- Vivo S1 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage for Rs 19,990
- 6.38-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P65 (MT6768) (4x Cortex-A75 @ 2.0 GHz
4x Cortex-A55 @ 2.0 GHz) 12nm processor with ARM Mali-G52 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable up to 256GB with micoSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9
- Dual SIM
- 16MP primary sensor with Sony IMX499 sensor, f/1.78 aperture + 8MP 120° ultrawide sensor with f/2.2 aperture+ 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 159.53 × 75.23 × 8.13mm; Weight: 179g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB port
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with fast charging