As you know, during the presentation of Unpacked, Samsung promised that the company will start supporting some of its devices within 3 years, as if copying Google’s rule regarding its products. Today Samsung has decided to remind of this by releasing a full list of devices that will receive 3 major Android updates.
Not only flagships: list of Samsung models that will get 3 major updates
The official Samsung blog revealed that 38 devices will receive 3 major updates to the Green Robot. Samsung previously claimed that only the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note lines would be so lucky, but the full list is much more extensive.
We now know the Galaxy S10 and S20 smartphones will receive these updates, and the same is true for the Note 10 and Note 20. Further down the list, we see the latest Galaxy A devices, but not every model. Next, we can mention the Galaxy Tab tablets, namely the Tab S6 and S7. Finally, Samsung also adheres to this policy with respect to each of its foldable phones.
Samsung also clarified that support for the Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Z and Galaxy Tab S lines will be distributed to absolutely all devices, and the list of the more budget A line will be expected to be limited only to certain devices.
It should also be noted that Samsung confirms that the Galaxy S20 series will receive Android 11 first.
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 +, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy-S20, Galaxy S20 +, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20 + 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10 5G, Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Galaxy-Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 5G, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
- Galaxy-Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy-A71, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G
Galaxy Tab S:
- Galaxy-Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 +, Galaxy Tab S7 5G, Galaxy Tab S7 + 5G
- Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
It is worth to mention that recently, the company has revealed the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra smartphones, and here is a reminder of the Ultra model.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra specifications
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3088 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display, HDR10+,496PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Laser AF Sensor, 12MP Periscope lens with f/3.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 5X optical zoom, Super-Resolution Zoom up to 50X, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1mm; Weight: 208
- Bluetooth enabled S Pen with Pressure levels: 4096, Pen tip diameter: 0.7 mm, IP68
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) battery with 45W fast charging, wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare