Apple surpassed the $2 trillion mark on Wednesday. Apple’s stock price briefly rose to $467.77. With these record numbers, Apple became the first company to cross this milestone.
Apple reached the $ 2 trillion mark despite declining iPhone sales
Despite the ongoing pandemic, the year for the company can clearly be called a successful one. After a 15% decline in iPhone sales during the 2019 New Year holidays, the company was able to get out of the crisis a little bit.
In July, the company reported a well-closed second quarter with $59.7 billion in revenues and strong growth in product and service sales. Apple attributed the strong performance to customers moving to work from home and the associated high online store sales. The company also quickly adapted to online sales when it had to close outlets.
By the way, Apple also became the first American company to surpass the $1 trillion market mark in 2018. It took only two years to double its value. To date, the company’s shares are up 60%. Interestingly, investors no longer see Apple as a device manufacturer, but rather as a software company.
Today the shares were valued at $462.83 at a market cap of $1.98 trillion.
iPhone 11 is the top-selling smartphone in several markets
When Apple reported its results for the second quarter of this year, the company said the iPhone 11 is the best-selling smartphone in the China market. The latest Counterpoint survey confirms this.
Counterpoint data indicates that the top five best-selling smartphones in the Chinese market in the second quarter of this year included the iPhone 11, Oppo A8, Honor 9X, Vivo Y3 and Huawei Mate 30 5G. At the same time, the iPhone 11 and Huawei Mate 30 are premium flagship phones, while the other three models belong to the budget segment.
The source adds that the iPhone 11 is also the top-selling smartphone in the US, Germany, UK and Japan. Four iPhones are in the top five in the UK market, and Apple’s smartphones are in the top three in Japan.
The new iPhone 12 smartphones are expected to offer users 5G support this year. And the smallest 5.4-inch model will be quite functional and accessible to a wide audience.
Apple iPhone 11 specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792×828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps. 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 5x
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording. With Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- Gigabit-class LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback