Xiaomi has begun to distribute the stable MIUI 12 branded user interface for the Redmi Note 8T smartphone users in the international market.
The stable firmware 126.96.36.199.QCXMIXM for Redmi Note 8T is based on last year’s Android 10 operating system. In addition to the standard MIUI 12 innovations, the update brings the Android security update for October 2020.
The firmware has already become available for users of the global version of Redmi Note 8T. Smartphones with European firmware will be updated a little later. The update has the status “Partially Released”. This means only about 30% of users received it. After Xiaomi is convinced that there are no major bugs, widespread expansion will begin.
Recall that the Redmi Note 8T smartphone was presented last fall. It has become an updated version of the popular Redmi Note 8 with NFC support and 18-watt charging.
Redmi Note 8T specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen with 500nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM1 sensor, PDAF, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm; Weight: 190g
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA, FM Radio
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typcial) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Snapdragon 865 flagship is coming soon
It seems that Xiaomi has already launched all of its important new products for this year, but Redmi has not yet fulfilled the prime plan. The Xiaomi sub-brand does not hide the fact that it is preparing to present several more new products before the end of the year. There are surprises and products that are worth seeing. One of them is a flagship smartphone based on the Snapdragon 865 chip.
What kind of model it would be, we do not know. But a number of insiders suggested that the company will bring the Xiaomi Mi 10T to the Chinese market, but under a different name. It is assumed that the smartphone will become part of the Redmi K30 series and it may well be called the Redmi K30T, and its price tag will be lower than what is asked for the global version.
But whether the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and Mi 10T Lite models will come to the Chinese market is unknown. There is no information exactly when Redmi K30T will be presented, but at the level of assumptions, they say that the premiere will take place in October.