Chinese manufacturer, ZTE, has not been very active since the ban by the U.S. Recall that alongside Huawei, ZTE is still a target and its 5G solutions are not accepted in many regions just like Huawei’s. However, the company has been doing its best to keep its smartphone business alive. This morning, ZTE’s official Weibo handle announced that there will be major news tomorrow. To this end, there are speculations that the company will probably release a new smartphone. The ZTE Blade X1 5G is currently on the way, it recently got the GCF certification. It is yet to be seen if the latest hint refers to this smartphone.
ZTE’s Lu Qianhao previously revealed that ZTE will launch a number of new phones in November. However, as of now, the company has released only one smartphone. Thus, it is most likely that the company will announce another device toorrow. It could also be information relating to an upcoming device.
Gizchina News of the week
Speaking of ZTE and major events, it is important to note that ZTE is the first company to release a smartphone with an under-display camera. The ZTE AXON 20 5G phone with an under-screen camera is currently on the shelf. It is the first company to commercilize this technology.
In addition to the industry’s first under-screen camera phone, ZTE also launched the first 5G phone in China. The company has the first smartphone that supports the 5G networks of the four major operators in China. ZTE has a couple of firsts to its name and that is interestng.
In addition, ZTE earlier this month also launched a new blade series 5G phone, ZTE Blade 20 5G. This smartphone comes with a 1699 yuan ($260) price tag.
ZTE AXON 20 5G specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.98mm; Weight: 198g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4220mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+