Today, Sony officially released the Android 11 update for Xperia 1 II (XQ-AT52). The version number of this update is 58.1.A.0.921. Sony Xperia 1 II in the Taiwanese market is now the first device to get this update. Sony has since announced the Android update time for eligible Xperia phones. Xperia 5 II and Xperia 10 II will receive the update in a few weeks. Towards the end of January 2021, the original Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 will get the update. Other eligible Xperia devices will get the Android 11 update in February 2021.
In addition to the Android 11 system, this update also brings support for 5G+4G dual card dual standby. Furthermore, it adds Cinema Pro 4K HDR 120fps slow-motion video recording, Photo Pro adds MR custom mode and battery maintenance, etc.
The Xperia 1 II/5 II arrived in China on October 15th. These smartphones come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G mobile platform. It is presently on the shelves and the and the 12GB+256GB version sells for 7,999 yuan ($1,223).
The Sony Xperia 1 II comes with a 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED display with a 21:9 widescreen design. This display supports CineAlta and Sony’s award-winning BRAVIA TV technology. This display offers a more realistic colour reproduction and an immersive viewing experience.
It is worth mentioning that Xperia 1 II is the world’s first smartphone that supports 4K HDR 120Hz slow-motion shooting. When recording at 24fps, it can support up to 5 times slow-motion playback. The Sony Xperia 1 II also uses a large-aperture triple camera and 3D iToF sensor shooting system. Furthermore, it integrates Sony’s micro-single technology and supports high-speed continuous shooting up to 20 frames per second.
Sony Xperia 1 II full specifications
- 6.5-inch (1644x3840pixels) 4K OLED HDR Display with 21:9 aspect ratio, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, X1 for mobile, Motion Blur Reduction, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 256GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 1TB via microSD card
- Android 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Exmor RS sensor, 1/1.7″ sensor, f/1.7 aperture, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 12MP f/2.2 aperture 1/2.55″ 135° ultra wide-angle, 12MP f/2.4 aperture 1/3.4″ 34° telephoto lens, Hybrid OIS/EIS, 3x optical zoom, 960 fps Super slow motion, 3D iToF sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor RS sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 84° wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speaker, Dolby Atmos, DSEE Ultimate, Stereo Recording, Qualcomm aptX HD audio
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 166 × 72 × 7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 5G (sub-6GHz) / 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 4000mAh Battery with 21W USB-PD fast charging, Qi Wireless charging