Back in December 2020, Xiaomi launched its Mi 11 series to its homeland i.e. China. After two months of numerous leaks and rumors, the Chinese smartphone maker has now brought the lineup to the global market. The Mi 11 global launch is no surprise as the previous report already confirmed the February 8 launch timeline. Furthermore, the same report also revealed the expected pricing. Well, it’s now safe to say that the official pricing is indeed close to the leak one.
The global variant of Xiaomi Mi 11 offers the same design and aesthetics with few changes in the internals. Of course, we’re going to talk about these few minor yet worth discussing changes.
Xiaomi Mi 11 finally made its way to the global market!
The global version of Xiaomi Mi 11 does not come with the 12GB RAM variant paired with 256GB built-in storage. Furthermore, the brand decided to go with 55W charger instead of the 65W one. Fortunately, the rest of the internal remains the same. With 12GB RAM variant discard for global market, we’re left with two storage configurations namely 8GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB.
The base model of the smartphone will set you back around €749 ($900). The high-end offering, on the other hand, is priced at €799 (i.e. $962). Sadly, Xiaomi hasn’t yet revealed any information surrounding the first global sale of the smartphone. On the flipside, the prebooking will commence from February 26.
Gizchina News of the week
Being the flagship offering, Xiaomi Mi 11 brings premium and top of the line hardware to the table. You can find the key hardware down below.
- Display: 6.81-inch AMOLED panel, 1400 x 3200 pixels, 515 ppi density, Gorilla Glass Victus, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ and 1500 nits brightness
- Memory & Storage: 8GB RAM, up to 256GB built-in UFS 3.1 storage
- Processor & GPU: Snapdragon 888 (5nm) chipset, Adreno 660 GPU
- Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Rear camera: triple module – 108MP wide lens, 13MP ultrawide and 5MP macro
- Selfie camera: single module – 20MP wide lens
- Battery: 4,600 mAh capacity – 55W fast charging, 50W fast wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, Infrared sensor, USB Type-C
- Biometrics: under-display fingerprint sensor with built-in heart rate monitor
At the time of writing this, Xiaomi Mi 11 comes in five different color options – Black, White, Blue, Purple and Khaki. While there is no information on which color will make its way to global market, one thing is obvious that the brand will bring new color variants to the market.