Oppo officially released the Reno6 series on May 27 which includes three different models. However, this series will officially hit the shelves later today. The Oppo Reno6 standard version comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 900 chip. This device comes with a 90Hz display, a 32MP front camera, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB internal storage. The price of this smartphone is 2799 yuan ($438). Presently, the GeekBench 5 running score for this smartphone is now available.
Oppo Reno6 uses the model number (or codename) CPH2251. On the Geekbench 5 database, this smartphone records a single-core score of 729 points and a multi-core score of 2147 points. Looking at the score of this device, its performance is close to mainstream mid-range SoCs such as Snapdragon 768G and Dimensity 1000+. The multi-core performance is slightly insufficient and does not open a significant gap with the previous generation. However, it is still better than the Snapdragon 750G or 768G multi-core scores.
Gizchina News of the week
The MediaTek Dimensity 900 SoC is manufactured using a 6nm process technology. This chip uses two ARM Cortex-A78 cores with a main frequency of 2.4GHz and six 2.0GHz Cortex-A55 small cores. The processor supports WiFi 6, LPDDR5 memory, and UFS 3.1 flash memory. It also supports 5G dual-carrier aggregation technology, SA/NSA networking, 5G dual card dual standby, dual card VoNR, and other technologies.
In addition to OPPO Reno6, Vivo’s new machine code-named “V2123A” also uses this chip. Its Geekbench4 score was previously exposed, with a single-core score of 3467 points and a multi-core score of 8852 points.
At the same time, the Dimensity 900 processor appeared on AnTuTu and scored 480,000 (an engineering machine). So we can say the performance of the OPPO Reno6 will be greatly improved compared with the OPPO Reno5.
OPPO Reno6 5G specifications
- 6.43-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 90Hz AMOLED display with up to 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with OmniVISION OV64B sensor, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with Sony IMX355 sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 2MP macro camera with OmniVISION OV02B10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8×72.1×7.59mm; Weight: 182g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (typical) / 4200mAh (minimum) battery with 65W ultra-fast flash charging