Over the past few months, hundreds of millions of Huawei and Honor devices have been receiving the HarmonyOS 2. Most of these devices are already getting subsequent upgrades to fix minor issues. According to reports, the Huawei P30 Pro is now receiving the HarmonyOS 220.127.116.11 update. Furthermore, this update weighs 0.93GB. The update log shows that this update service center will add a combination of scene-based services as well as one-click access to similar services. The gallery now supports portrait clustering for universal cards.
Huawei P30 Pro HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 changelog
- In the service center (swipe up from the left), the “Discovery” tab now has a new scene-based service. When users add this tab to the desktop, it can automatically adapt to the universal card and obtain similar services with one click.
- Adds a universal card for portrait clustering (up-slide gallery application icon). You can also rotate the photos of the selected person, click on the avatar to change the person, click on the photo to jump to the clustering album of the person. Users can also add this feature to the desktop.
- Adds a quick download icon for the Xiaoyi input method application (click to download and use it directly). Also, the Xiaoyi input method can bring you a simple and safe input experience.
- Optimizes the intelligent voice function and it also activates more sensitively.
- Optimizes basic experiences such as touch and volume, and adds desktop icon magnification.
- Optimize system power consumption in some scenarios.
Huawei nova 6 and Huawei Mate 20 are already getting the HarmonyOS 22.214.171.124 update. In the keynote speech at the Huawei Developer Conference 2021 (HDC.Together), Huawei’s executive director, and consumer business, CEO Yu Chengdong announced that the number of HarmonyOS devices exceeded 150 million. This makes this system the fastest growing operating system in history.
Gizchina News of the week
HarmonyOS 2 adaptation history
Huawei officially released the HarmonyOS system on June 2nd. In the first week, by June 9, this system already had over 10 million users. In two weeks, this operating system had over 18 million users. After a month of upgrade, HarmonyOS had over 25 million users. Before the end of July, this figure increased to over 40 million. In less than two months, as of early August, this operating system had over 50 million users. As of August 30th, HarmonyOS had over 70 million active users. However, a few days later (September, 2nd), the company announced that it has over 90 million users.
As of September 13th, HarmonyOS users officially exceeded 100 million. By September 27th, Huawei HarmonyOS users had increased to 120 million. Now, we have above 150 million users of this system most of which are in China. It is obvious that this system will have well over 300 million users before the end of this year. This upgrade is Huawei’s largest system update in its history.