Beidou’s Little Pepper range of phones are still hot news with the spicy duo firing up the Chinese phone market thanks to their price and promises of high performance. The Quad-core version is especially mouth-watering and if these leaked specifications are anything to go by Xiaomi, Meizu and Oppo are all in big trouble!
Beidou’s Quad-core Little Pepper phone follow’s its smaller dual core brother’s concept which is basically a low-cost Android super phone! With the ranging topping $156 phone (no that is not a mistake) boasting a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU! But what about the rest of the specification? How does it fare up when compared to other Chinese phones!
Gizchina News of the week
Quad-core Little Pepper Specifications
- CPU: NVIDIA Tegra3 Quad-core 1.5Ghz
- GPU: Adreno 203
- OS Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- Language: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, others
- Memory RAM: 1GB / ROM: 4GB
- Micro SD Memory Card (TF-Card), MAX support 32GB
- Size 136 x 68 x 9.9 mm
- Weight 140 g
- Screen 4.65 inch IPS Capacitive Multi-touch Screen
- HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 16 million colors
- Network Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 2G：GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G：WCDMA 900/2100 MHz
- Supports GSM service all over the world
- Color Black
- GPS Built In GPS & A-GPS
- Connection Bluetooth v2.0,A2DP Bluetooth Stereo
- Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11 b/g
- micro USB 2.0
- Rear camera 8.0 megapixel with Auto Focus and LED Flash
- Front camera 0.3 megapixel
- Supports recording of video 1080P
- Sensor Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Acceleration Sensor
- Radio FM
- Video AVI , MP4 , FLV , 3GP , MOV , ASF , MPEG , RMVB , etc.
- Audio MP3 , AAC , WAV , etc. / 3.5 mm Audio Jack
- Special functions Electronic Compass, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, FM Radio, Wifi, GPS, Multi-touch Capacitive Screen, Dual SIM, Schedule Power On/Off
- Battery: Li-ion battery 1630 mAh
I’ve highlighted what I believe the most import pieces of the Little Pepper Quad Core Chinese phone to be. Obviously the Tegra 3 Quad-core CPU is a pretty fancy processor for such a low-cost phone, but the fact it also get’s 1GB RAM and runs Android 4.0 seems almost to good. Then there is the dual-sim card support (something I can personally live without) and an 8 mega-pixel rear camera!
The only chink in the Little Pepper’s Armor is going to be the 1630mAh battery which I can’t imagine is going to last all that long!
As I’ve yet to see the real thing I’m not getting to excited about the Little Pepper just yet, as both models just seem to good to be true, for the low price something has got to give and I’m worried it is going to be the build quality!
What do you guys think?