It’s been weeks since we’ve been reading about Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s explosions from every side of the world. Samsung themselves had issued a global recall on September 2nd and told its customers to turn off their devices on September 10th, but obviously not everybody has complied yet.
This time the victim of the explosion was a 6-year-old kid from Brooklyn who had the Note 7 blasting in his hands.
“The child was watching videos on the phone when the battery exploded,” Linda Lewis said of her grandson to the New York Post.
“It set off alarms in my house.”
The family called 911 just after and he was taken to the Downstate Medical Center with burns to his body.
When the young boy came back home he was still under shock and refused to use any other smartphone:
“He is home now,” Lewis said. “He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother.”
The grandmother said she has been contacted by Samsung but didn’t want to discuss the matter any further.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s battery problem is rapidly becoming a serious issue both for people and for the Korean company which has seen their shares sink down (-7%) in the last days.
Let’s hope people will begin returning their smartphones and that episodes of this kind won’t repeat again. In the meanwhile, what are your thoughts about these phones that have been exploding left, right and center?