Earlier this month, renders/live images of a Motorola Smartphone with a Pop-up camera module surfaced on the web. The images/ renders emanated from far Brazil, where the Lenovo owned Motorola, enjoys a huge following, so we had little reasons to doubt the authenticity of the said device. For what we know, it is apparent Motorola is prepping the launch of its first pop-up smartphone, but at what time, and what marketing name it will adopt we do not know.
Now, as per a report from XDA developer, the said Motorola smartphone with a pop-up camera will be launched under the Motorola One Hyper.
Other than this fresh tidbit of information, ProAndroid reported days back that the device will boot Android 10 with no customization OUT OF THE BOX, while it is evidently clear it will get a 64MP main snapper. And for selfies, and video calls, the report says the pop-up camera unit houses a 32MP front-facing camera.
The purported Motorola One Hyper is expected to come flaunting a 6.4-inch 1080p panel with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, pop-up camera, and of course with some tiny bezel around. Under the hood, the device gets the Snapdragon 675 coupled with up to 4GB RAM, and 128GB of storage.
On the flip side, there is a dual-camera setup – one of which is a sensor with f / 1.8 aperture, and a second 8MP camera with an aperture f / 2.2. And much like the selfie camera, the 64MP uses 4-in-1 pixel binning for a single 16MP image. It comes with portrait mode and Night Vision, 4K video recording at 30 fps and Full HD at 60 fps. The slow-motion reaches 120 fps in FullHD resolution and 240 fps in HD.
Gizchina News of the week
Motorola One Hyper specs
- Display: 6.39 Inch, IPS LCD, 2340 x 1080 px
- Battery: 3,600 mAh, 15 W fast charging or faster
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0, motorized popup
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8 + 8 MP, f/2.2 + depth sensor
- Chipset: Snapdragon 675, Octa-Core Kryo 460 CPU, Adreno 612 GPU
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ Wi-Fi, NFC, FM Radio, headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 128 GB, expandable via microSD
- Security and Other Features: rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, LED on the fingerprint sensor, Dual-SIM hybrid tray
- Android: Android 9, Upgradable to Android 10
Motorola already has a device with the Motorola One Action and One Zoom moniker. Both devices are a camera-centric smartphone, so we’ll have to wait and see what makes this phone “hyper.”
Motorola One Hyper (XT2027-1).
Qualcomm Snapdragon 675.
Likely the same phone shown here: https://t.co/etr41Vs3er
and here: https://t.co/zRTuDudhMZ
— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) October 18, 2019