Another Samsung budget phone, the Galaxy M31, has received a major firmware update. The new firmware brings the long-awaited One UI 2.5 – essentially the most recent stable firmware from the Koreans.
The popular Samsung Galaxy M31 has received One UI 2.5 update
Naturally, the One UI 2.5 firmware update for the Galaxy M31 is accompanied with the latest November 2020 security patch.
The latest update for the Galaxy M31 has the build number M315FXXU2ATJ9. Samsung is currently only distributing it in India, but other countries should start receiving the update soon. India’s choice is clear – the Galaxy M31 is incredibly popular there. Strictly speaking, this is one of the most successful Samsung smartphones in India lately.
One UI 2.5 is a pretty noticeable step up from the previous version of One UI. The firmware adds a number of new features and changes, such as new features for Samsung’s native keyboard: support for split keyboard in landscape mode. In addition, the Messages app now has the option to send an automatic SOS message with your location.
The changelog also mentions improvements to the camera. The update will also allow Galaxy M31 owners to use Android 10 navigation gestures in third-party launchers. Meanwhile, the November 2020 security patch included with the One UI 2.5 firmware update addresses numerous vulnerabilities affecting both Android itself and Samsung’s own software.
Samsung Galaxy M31 specifications
It is worth to mention that earlier at the end of February, Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy M31 smartphone, and here is a reminder of its specifications:
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali-G72MP3 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with Samsung GW1 sensor, LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IM616 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 6000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy M31 comes in Ocean Blue and Space Black colors, is priced at $202 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs $216.