Apple’s iPhone 12 Pro Max will not be officially on sale until tomorrow. However, just this morning, we got some fresh images of the iPhone 12 Pro Max disassembly. The dismantling shows images of this smartphone’s motherboard and battery. Since the iPhone 12 series has been under scrutiny for its battery, all attention is on the battery.
From the images, due to the larger camera module, the motherboard of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is the same as the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro. It moves from the right side of the previous generation to the left side to make room for the SIM card slot. It is worth mentioning that the motherboard of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is shorter than that of the iPhone 12 Pro.
The dismantling also confirmed the capacity of the iPhone 12 Pro Max battery. The L-shaped battery capacity has shrunk compared to the previous generation. This time, Apple uses a 3687 mAh battery on the Pro Max model. Last year’s iPhone 11 Pro Max had a capacity of 3969 mAh.
However, the disassembly does not show any information flash memory model, baseband, and other components of the iPhone 12 ProMax. Of course, we expect more detailed disassembly of this smartphone as it hits the market. In all, with a battery of just over 3,500 mAh, the iPhone 12 Pro Max needs a whole lot of software optimization for the battery to last fairly.
Apple iPhone 12 ProMax specifications
- 6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB,256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, 1.7μm pixel size, Sensor-shift optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, 5x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 12x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- Dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.4mm; Weight: 226grams
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 20 hours of video playback